He or she who plants a Tree is a champion and plants Hope as well.
A clean and a Healthy environment for all, nature is our treasure.
To create values-driven society of people who will consciously work for continued improvement of their livelihoods and a greener, cleaner world.
To strive for better environmental management, community empowerment/development, and livelihood improvement using environmental conservation as an entry point.
To conserve the global environment and achieve a sustainable society.
Who we are:
Githurai Community Organization acknowledges the importance of the physical environment in our work and the need to ensure that our development efforts are consistent with conserving natural resources and sustainable environmental management.
We are devoted to the preservation of natural diversity of plants and animal species and their habitats through the prevention of environmental degradation and destruction since human-well-being depends on a healthy and diverse environment.
We are engaged in a variety of activities i.e.;
- Tree planting
- Air and noise pollution control
- Conserving rivers/soil
- Soil erosion control
- Community Clean-up campaigns/Garbage collection
- Protecting and fencing forests
- Mitigating against human/wildlife conflict and community
- Ensure that there is clean water, good drainage system and sanitation
- Helping to stop deforestation and encourage a forestation
- Protecting the endangered species
- Protecting, caring and saving animals i.e. from poaching
What we do:
- We educate the public about a wide variety of environmental topics including preservation of natural habitats and other related environmental topics.
- We find innovative ways to ensure that nature can continue to provide food, clean water, energy and other services our growing population depends upon on survival.
- We address the most urgent conservation challenges at the largest scale. Therefore, our work is crucial to keep vital habitats and unique species from being lost forever.
- We apply smart solutions to protect the resources that we all depend on through properly valuing the essential services these ecosystem provides, thus to create a sustainable development path that will benefit all people and for the generations to come.
- We summarize evidence from scientific literature about the effects of conservation interventions such as methods of habitats or species management.
So, in order to accomplish this mission, we require;
- Tree Seedlings
- Tools and Equipment’s i.e.,
- Rubber Gloves (for hands protection)
- Gum boots (for foot comfort and safety)
- Trowels and slashes
- Shovels/Spades and rakes
- Polythene bags
- Helmets (for head care)
- Safety glasses (light and clear lenses for eyes protection)
- Facial protectors/nose protectors (for protecting the face and respiratory organs)
“We are committed to saving and creating an enabling environment, creating a safer greener and cleaner Environment, protecting the Environment and Conservation of Resources as well.”